- What types of data do we collect?
- How do we use the data we collect?
- How do we disclose the data we collect?
- Why do you receive marketing communications?
- How can you stop receiving marketing communications?
- What about public forums?
- How do we secure the data we collect?
- What about third-party websites?
- What about third-party ad networks?
- How can I access my information?
- What about children under 13?
- How do you submit a question or complaint?
What Type of Data Do We Collect?
Generally, we collect or maintain the following categories of data:
- Customer Registration Data: when a customer, whether an individual or an entity, activates our services, creates an account at the Site or registers at an event we collect account information from that customer, which we refer to in this Policy as “Customer Registration Data.” The Customer Registration Data we collect includes individual or contact name, company name, e-mail address, phone number and other contact information, as well as information about services requested and payment information, such as credit card number, expiration date and billing address. We also assign customers a unique username and password to access their account information through the Site;
- Other Data: We may also collect information about customers or potential customers from our affiliates, from third parties, such as business partners, from our social media pages, during promotional events or from users who submit their information to PRWeb in order to subscribe to our mailing lists or receive information about PRWeb products and services.
- Customer Message Recipient Data. We may also maintain data that has been provided to us or uploaded to the Site or to the software by our customers. We only use this Customer Message Recipient Data on behalf of and under the instructions of our Customers. We do not use Customer Message Recipient Data for our own marketing purposes.
How Do We Use the Data We Collect?
We may use the information we collect and maintain, including any Personal Data, for the following purposes:
- If you have provided your contact information to us, we may use such information to contact you to participate in surveys, or for marketing and promotional purposes by various means, including regular mail, email or telephone. To learn how to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, please go to the section below entitled “How Can You Stop Receiving Marketing Communications?“.
- To process orders, requests and payments, and to communicate with our customers about their accounts or any requests, orders or payments.
- To provide requested services to our customers.
- To respond to any inquiries submitted to us and to provide technical support to customers and Site visitors.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to customers or Site visitors, and to otherwise personalize experiences at the Site.
- To tailor the content and information and offers that we may send or display to customers, prospects or Site visitors on third-party sites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregate and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our Site and services and responding to customer and visitor desires and preferences.
- To prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity.
How Do We Disclose the Data We Collect?
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform the following functions on our behalf: such as credit card processing to bill you for services and a live chat vendor to assist us with customer service, marketing research and analysis services, customer relationship management services, and internal system monitoring and performance services. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of Personal Data and to use such information only as directed by us.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if part or all or substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the Personal Data we have collected to the acquiring company or entity.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may also disclose the information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect PRWeb and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of this Policy, to comply with subpoenas or other legally compelled requests, or any applicable terms and conditions that govern a contract.
- Aggregate and De-identified Information. We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information, such as Site Data, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes; however, we do not disclose Personal Data to such third parties.
Why Do You Receive Marketing Communications?
If you received one or more marketing or promotional e-mails, such as a newsletter (“commercial e-mails”) from us, it means that (a) your email address is on our list of customers, trial users, or prospective customers; or (b) you have provided us your email address so that we could contact you. If you believe you received an email from us in error, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
How Can You Stop Receiving Marketing Communications?
Each commercial email PRWeb sends contains an unsubscribe link through which you may easily opt-out of receiving future commercial emails from us. If you do not wish to receive additional commercial emails from PRWeb, simply click the unsubscribe link and follow the instructions to unsubscribe your e-mail address or to change your preferences about the types of e-mail we send you.
Similarly, each commercial e-mail sent by one of our customers through PRWeb’s service contains an unsubscribe link. Simply click on that link and follow the instructions to unsubscribe your e-mail address.
If you have unsubscribed but continue to receive e-mail from us or from one of our customers, or if you receive any other types of marketing communications and want to unsubscribe please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that unsubscribe requests may take up to 7-10 days to process.
How Can I Remove My Client Testimonial?
We may post customer testimonials on our web site, which may contain Personal Data like the customer’s name and business. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your Personal Data from our testimonials, contact us at email@example.com.
How Do We Secure the Personal Data We Collect?
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Data that we collect or maintain. We also provide each customer with a unique user name and password that must be entered when logging in the customer’s account. No data security measures, however, can guarantee 100% security all of the time. While we strive to protect your data from unauthorized use or disclosure, PRWeb does not warrant or guarantee the security of the data that you provide to us.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
What About Third Party Websites?
The Site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party websites. Customers and visitors who link to other third party websites from the Site should check the privacy and security policy statements of such third party websites to understand the policies and practices of such third party websites as we are not responsible for those policies and practices. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information to the owner of such third party websites. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by PRWeb and our partners, such as marketing service providers, vendors, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used to tailor offers, promotions and content and in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Cookies: When you come to the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent-based cookies. In addition, we may permit certain third parties to place cookies through our website.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. PRWeb uses session cookies to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests, and to verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. PRWeb uses persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, to identify the fact that you are a PRWeb customer or prior Site visitor, and to display advertising, both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Site visitors who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, you must enable cookies in order to use our services.
As is true of most web sites, we also gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. Some of this information may be appended to other information we may have collected about you.
What About Third-Party Ad Networks?
We partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
How Can I Access My Information?
Customers may access and amend the contact information and other account information we have collected from them by logging in to their accounts and changing their account information. In addition, individuals may request access to and modification or deletion of any Personal Data we have collected about them by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your access request within 7-10 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com . We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, support our business operations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
What About Children Under 13?
Our Site and services are not intended to be used by children under 13 years old. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we will remove it from our systems immediately.
How Do You Submit a Question or Complaint?
12051 Indian Creek Court
Beltsville MD 20705
This is the website of Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC d/b/a PRWeb (“PRWeb”).
Our postal address is
Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC
12051 Indian Creek Ct.
Beltsville, MD 20705
PRWeb takes privacy seriously. As a pioneer of online visibility and search engine optimized press release distribution services, we are committed to establishing and maintaining policies and procedures which protect the privacy of personal information gathered from our customers, prospects and other visitors to our website.
PRWeb is a newswire service which distributes press releases on behalf of our users. If you decide to submit a press release for distribution through our system we will transmit your entire press release including any personal information therein contained to our media contacts and online distribution points including search engines. This is the only redistribution of your information that we engage in. Your submission of press releases through our system indicates consent with this policy.
This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by PRWeb.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, you may contact us at https://console.prweb.com/prweb/support/index.php. In order for PRWeb to take the appropriate action please describe in reasonable detail the nature of your request or inquiry.
We do not share user information with any third parties other than via press release distribution as described above.
PRWeb may use “cookie” technology to track or record information about our website visitors. PRWeb requires the use of “cookie” technology so that we can guarantee we’ll present the correct information to users as they move from screen to screen. PRWeb users who disable their web browser’s ability to accept cookies may not be able to successfully use our service.
Changes to Personal Information:
Upon request we provide site visitors with access to information that we have collected and that we maintain about them. Consumers can access this information by logging into their account.
The site contains links to other websites. PRWeb is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites. You will need to check the policy statement of other websites to understand their policies. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep such information private and confidential.
With respect to security, we employ industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving user data exchanged with our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. We do not store credit card information in our systems.
Changes to Privacy Statement:
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. To keep up-to-date with PRWeb™’s policy, please check this page periodically.
Contacting the Website:
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us by sending us an email.
Questions about your PRWeb account or interested in learning more about our news services?
Reach out to our support team:
Contact information is available here.
12051 Indian Creek Court
Beltsville, MD 20705