The Importance of Search Engine Optimization for Press Releases
More than 27 Million People Use Yahoo News and Google News
Each month, more than 100 million people in the U.S. use a search engine every day to find the latest information about a wide range of topics that interest them. When they conduct a news search, they often find relevant press releases along with articles from thousands of news sources.
According to Neilsen/NetRatings, the unique audiences of Yahoo News and Google News now rival the online audiences of other current events and global news destinations such as CNN and BBC News. If your company's marketing and promotion strategy includes the Internet, your press releases should be optimized for and distributed to the major news search engines.
How does search engine promotion work?
PRWeb's search engine promotion services usher your news release through a three-step process:
Optimizing News Releases:
PRWeb gets to know your business and understand your target audiences, whether it's journalists, consumers, business-to-business customers, or investors.
- We conduct keyword research to find at least one relevant search terms that your target audiences are likely to use for a news search.
- We optimize your press release by adding relevant search terms to give it more staying power in the news search engines.
- We also build links from your press release to relevant content on your website.
Distributing Your News:
PRWeb uses a variety of channels to distribute your press release to your target audiences.
- Your press release is distributed via opt-in email to more than 250,000 RSS subscribers, 30,000 web publisher’s and 35,000 journalists who have subscribed to receive news from PRWeb.
- Yahoo News, Google News and other news search engines pick up your press release. We also use paid inclusion to get it into major web portals such as Yahoo, AltaVista, AlltheWeb and more.
- Your press release is distributed through PRWeb’s syndicated network news feeds. It is also promoted via PRWeb’s blogging technology and news standards like XML, OPML, ATOM, RSS, and NewsML.
- Finally, your press release is archived indefinitely on PRWeb’s site, which gets over 2 million unique pages views a month.
Tracking Release Results:
As news search engine users and others find your release, we provide you with the data needed to measure results and refine subsequent press releases.
- You will see how many people view and click on your headline, and read your release.
- SEO data includes which news search engine readers came from, what search terms they used, and more.
What are the benefits of using PRWeb to optimize your news release?
PRWeb's search engine promotion service is very affordable and provides you with a number of exclusive features and competitive benefits, including:
- Get high keyword ranking for up to 28 days in Google News, Yahoo! News, MSN News and other news search engines
- Build relevant links that follow Google’s quality guidelines and Yahoo!’s anti-spam policy
- Increase the number of visitors to your site from news search engines
- Increase the number of prospects who give you their email address, fill out an online form, or buy something on your site
- Generate publicity, sales and ultimately revenue
Learn more about the merging world's of PR and SEO by reading our free guide; Powering Your SEO with PR: How to Use SEO Press Releases.
Like what you read here? Please share: