Professional Press Release Writing Tips
Whether you're writing a press release intended to target journalists or publishing a direct-to-consumer promotional release, it's important to use a journalistic writing style if you want to write professional releases that will have a positive impact on your marketing goals.
- Begin with the Lead: Journalistic writing uses an approach known as the "inverted pyramid." This means that you start your press release with the most important information, and then include other information in descending order of importance.
- Factual information only: Focus on factual information rather than using adjectives and other superlative terms that can't be verified.
- Speak your readers' language: Include content and key phrases that are of interest to the audience you're trying to reach.
- Third Person Perspective: Avoid using second or third person when writing press releases. They should read as if they were written by an objective third party.
- Keep it simple: Focus on a single main idea in each news release that you publish.
- Make it right: Only publish news release documents that are well-written, filled with quality information, and error-free.
Like what you read here? Please share: